Monday 21 May 2018

Jar Jar Binks Amigurumi Pattern

When I went to see the Phantom Menace back in 1999 I loved it. I loved that we were getting new Star Wars films filled with lots of new, exciting worlds and characters. I came out of the cinema, and the first thing I did was to buy a Jar Jar Binks cuddly toy, because I thought he was a fun character with an interesting design. All my friends enjoyed the film, but over the years there's been a lot of negativity about the prequels, and much of that negativity has been focused on Jar Jar.


Now, I do think the original trilogy is better than the prequels, but I still find them entertaining. When I shared my love of Star Wars with my kids, they enjoyed all the films, and they liked Jar Jar Binks. He's a fun, endearing character, who makes a lot of mistakes, and is in contrast to the highly-skilled Jedi.



So, if you or your children love Jar Jar, maybe you'd like to make him in mini crochet form. My new pattern is now available on Etsy and Ravelry and lets you make the friendly Gungan in the same scale as my other Star Wars characters. He's one of the taller characters, and will be approximately 11.5 cm/4.5 tall when finished.



On the other hand, if you're one of those fans that really hates Jar Jar, you can always make him and use him as a pin cushion!

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Have you heard the fan theory that Jar Jar is really a Sith Lord? Google it for some fun. Amazing pattern as usual!

LucyRavenscar said...

I remember reading that, maybe before the last film came out. He certainly hides it well! I rather enjoyed his character in the Clone Wars cartoons though. Apparently, there's a recent novel that explains where he ends up, hated by his people after what he did in the senate, working on the streets as a clown. Kind of sad.

Anonymous said...

Look at this cuteness <3 - the force is strong with you!

LucyRavenscar said...

I apologise for not replying recently - Blogger is not sending me notifications of new messages any more. I think I've sorted that, but if you leave a message on here and you don't get a reply you can contact me via Etsy messages (https://www.etsy.com/shop/lucyravenscar) or Ravelry (https://www.ravelry.com/designers/lucy-collin-2).